Whats the best hard drive Manufacturer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyX

In Runtime
Whats the best hard drive Manufacturer ?

I've had some problems with Maxtor in the past, what do you all think ?

over the past two years i've had around 7 WD HDs crash on me. RMA service is wonderful tho.

i hear seagate has a longer warrenty period tho.

I wasn't happy with the western digital hdd I used in a build, as the part on the back was very wobberly, and I felt like I was going to break it when taking out the power cable. The welding round the middle was poorly done as well (looked like it had been grinded off and re done. But, it is quieter than the seagate hdd, but that could of been due to the case was a silent one.

I will stick with seagate hdd's.

RMA service for Seagate is very quick too. I got a replacement one in 5 working days (I sent it to a courier service, who sends it to them in another country who send it back to you. They sent the replacement the same day they recieved my drive.)

Edit: It was my fault that I had to send the drive back, as I put it in a PC with a cheap PSU, which sadly sent a surge, and the drive caught on fire (briefly.)

csamuels said:
over the past two years i've had around 7 WD HDs crash on me. RMA service is wonderful tho.

i hear seagate has a longer warrenty period tho.

Do you happen to keep powerful magnets in your case or something?

I had only 1 bad experience with Western Digital.

cool 500 posts:cool:

I presently use WD's. Have not used Seagate yet. No problems at all with the WD's.

The only problems I ever had were with Maxtors and only the ones that I had partitions on. In about 18 months they would go belly up. That happened three times.

I no longer use partitions so it may be happenstance that I don't have any more problems, but I personally would not buy a Maxtor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom