raid error

Status
Not open for further replies.

calanorn

Beta member
heya,

recently upgraded my pc new mobo and new graphics card put everything in but didnt wipe my hardrive first time round came to boot it up went to reinstall windows and it would not accept the drivers from the new mobo disk said it was causing an error on the G: im guessing something from my previous windows \windows\sp1\oem1 or something along those lines.

so i could not install windows on there i installed another harddrive non raid in the hopes to install windows xp on there and wipe the other drive from the desktop the other drive is not showing up on mycomputer so i cant wipe it and this drive is only 10gig is there any way i can wipe the original raid hdd so i can make a clean install on there since i have no other computer i can do it from.

many thanks
cal

so you want to wipe both hdds and install a fresh install of xp on the raid?

what raid are you setting up?

~joe

basically i dont care much for raid id rather have a standard hard drive but when i try and install xp with just the raid hdd i keeps coming up with errors when installing raid drivers and i think its due to the operating system from my previous machine still being on it so i cannot install the o/s on that drive i plugged in an ide drive and installed windows but loading up windows and it dont show the raid drive i want to wipe everything of the raid drive so i can install windows on it

raid drive you are refering to 2 drives?

i can answer your problem, i need to know your specs and how many hdds you have and whats on each of them.

Sounds like a boot error, but cant be sure yet.

ttyl

~joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom