Build Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems good but:

1)for the price of that 6800 get you can get a 7800
2)get a sli mobo if you really wants it.

first off don't get a 6800GT, get an evga 6800GS, the GS is just as fast as the GT for around 90-100 bucks cheaper, but if you plan on spending that much money you could get a 7800GT which is a lot better then the 6800GT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130267

I would go with a better motherboard then that but if your not overclocking it should be okay.

I've always recommended the Antec Truepower 2.0 550 watt just make sure you don't cheap out on your PSU because it's like the heart of your system, if that goes everything else goes.

Beefcake said:
I've always recommended the Antec Truepower 2.0 550 watt just make sure you don't cheap out on your PSU because it's like the heart of your system, if that goes everything else goes.

Ok read some reviews on that psu, and a few people had problem with it crapping out when they tried to use SLI. This is a problem since I will probably be running SLI a week or so after I build this. Is this true that it craps out?

The one problem I have with those reviews is that most of the few that were unfortunate to get a bad PSU write a review on it when the PSU is actually very stable. No matter how solid or good a peice of hardware is there will always be some bad ones in the batch, and most of the time you get a good one.

Why would you go SLI and spend that much money when you can get a nice big powerful card like a X1900XT which runs around 500 bucks; and it outperforms a 7800 GTX 512MB and is more powerful then 6800's in SLI, and not have to worry about as much heat and power usage generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom