Graphics Card for watching TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griggs2121

Baseband Member
I suppose theres no way to use two cards.

The problem I see in this is I could get a cheaper card that will be able to connect to cable to watch tv, but then my graphics for gaming wont be great correct?

I can't use two for the two different things can I?

What would be something comparable to a 9800 that I would be able to watch TV on my comp with?

.... what are you trying to say?, you could watch online tv with any videocard just rember you need cable/broadband

You can either get a all-in-wonder card to have both tv&good graphics or get a seperate video card and a tv-tuner card.

Hmmm... I was unaware of a TV Tuner card. So I can keep my graphics card as is?

and Kazama?

thanks!

Is there anything special I should be looking for with these? I see I can get one pretty cheap ($28)

I really want to be able to pause and record the TV. Im assuming thats just software, or does it matter which tunner I get?

for basic purposes it own't really make a difference. but if you are more picky there are lots of small features that only particular makes/models have that would make a difference. one thing to take into account is the software for the tuner. will the tuner be compatable with software other than what is included? or is the included software adequate for what you want to do?

Yep you want the tv tuner card. There are a few companies that make great ones. I use one and it picks up all of my cable channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom