whats the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably different memory chips. look at the difference in pricing on the standard OCZ gold vs. whats left of the OCZ gold with remanufactured BH-5. in australia it is like an $80 difference i think. also the more expensive stuff operated at a lower voltage which is in part what makes me think they are different chips.

so what would drive someone to buy the more expensive ones? just because its a different chip? even if the more expensive ones are, say, better at overclocking.. but the point of overclocking is to get faster speeds w/o spending more. if you're gonna spend more then might as well get the ones that are actually timed faster..

so anyways.. i still don't understand it.

Some people are anal in what they buy, others do not care. Personally, I would buy the cheaper one because in my opinion, they are both the same.

ohh.. a WHOPPING 6 layers PCB, now i understand everythying.

cough *sarcasm* cough

I have the exteme series awesome overclocking ram

lol which makes me confused even more... anyways, since no one has defended the higher priced ram, if i were to build a new rig, i'd go for the cheaper one (if speed and timings and all are the same)

I have the second one, but I think i got a bad overclocking set. Its supposed to be good for overclocking with awsome timings. I have mine @ 2.0-3-2-0 1T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom