Major Computer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some info on the Error Message:

Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER

The Stop 0xC2 message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations in the following ways:
By allocating a memory pool size of zero bytes.
By allocating a memory pool that does not exist.
By attempting to free a memory pool that is already free.
By allocating or freeing a memory pool at an IRQL that was too high.

This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software.

Possible Resolutions:
A Stop 0xC2 messages might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
A Stop 0xC2 messages might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.
If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

hmm...what is the most likely reason for this...this just started acting up after i put in my new USB hub with 4 ports on it..Should i disconnect it and see if it works. I dont know why it would happen all of a sudden. Let me know what the most likely reason is for this.

Disconnect the Hub while trying to install XP. I have had that issue a few tiems when install Vista. They dont have the Drivers needed for all the USB devices and what ends up happening is that it gives you the error cause it doesnt recognize the devices hooked up via USB.

ok man thanks so can i still have the keyboard in the usb because its the dell keyboard which is USB...and does vista really work because i have seen vista on sites...let me know AIM me at MightyMos2005....i am online now. thanks a lot man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom