Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich K

In Runtime
Simple question: How can i adjust the XP login screen standby time? I want to adjust it from 30 minutes (as it is now) To around 3 hours. Anyone know how i can? Thanks in advance for any help.

Login Screen Standby? I don't understand what that means... Are you talking about the time it takes for your machine to go into Standby Mode?

Right click your desktop... Access the properties.

Select the Screen Saver Tab. Click on the Power Button near the bottom. Adjust as needed.

bradybnmci said:
Login Screen Standby? I don't understand what that means... Are you talking about the time it takes for your machine to go into Standby Mode?

Right click your desktop... Access the properties.

Select the Screen Saver Tab. Click on the Power Button near the bottom. Adjust as needed.
Whenever i adjust that. It only does it for my profile. Not when it's on the login screen. I need to adjust the time it takes for the computer to go into standby mode whilst on the login screen.

I don't really understand what you mean when you say, "Not when it's on the login screen." Do you have an administrative accoun on the machine? How many profiles are on this box?

bradybnmci said:
I don't really understand what you mean when you say, "Not when it's on the login screen." Do you have an administrative accoun on the machine? How many profiles are on this box?
I do have admin. And there are 4 accounts total. 2 other admins.
What i mean is. When the computer is on the login screen, if you don't touch it (the keyboard, mouse, etc) for 30 minutes it goes into standby mode. Now, if i go to my profile (the main admin) and adjust the time the computer takes to go into standby mode, it only adjusts how long the computer waits before going into standby mode on my profile. Not on the login screen.

You will need to do the modifications for all accounts. They seem to be seperated.

The best way to do that, would be to do the "Runas" on the display properties for each account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom