Does the Abit AN8 32x Nforce work correctly with the ATI x199xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonR

Solid State Member
Does the Abit AN8 32x Nforce work correctly with the ATI x1900xt

Hello,

I just purchased a computer from Monarch systems, but I'm a little worried!

Does the above Abit SLI motherboard pair correctly with the ATI Radeon X1900xt video card I bought? It looks like I'm mixing a SLI mother board with a cross fire type of video card. Can I do that?

I thought that using a SLI mother board wouldn't work well with a Cross Fire type of card like the x1900xt.

I'm thinking that if I use the two ATI cards together in SLI Nvidia
Abit board I'm not going to get the same perfmance as if I used a cross fire type of board.

I'm also figuing that even one ati card in a SLI mother board isn't going to work correctly?

Is my thinking correct? Please help.

I also paired things up with an AMD X2 4400 and the antec true power 2 550W.

I'm also getting worried about the power supply. I read that this power supply might not cut it when using two of these powerful video cards. I was told to go with the Emermax Liberty ELT 620.

I'm sure that my computer isn't put together yet considering I ordered it last night a 6:00 PM!!! I'm going to call them this AM to make any changes if needed.

Thanks!

... or 1900xt..

and powersupply should be sufficient.. but wouldn't hurt to upgrade

Re: Does the Abit AN8 32x Nforce work correctly with the ATI x1900xt

JasonR said:
Hello,

I just purchased a computer from Monarch systems, but I'm a little worried!

Does the above Abit SLI motherboard pair correctly with the ATI Radeon X1900xt video card I bought? It looks like I'm mixing a SLI mother board with a cross fire type of video card. Can I do that?

I thought that using a SLI mother board wouldn't work well with a Cross Fire type of card like the x1900xt.

I'm thinking that if I use the two ATI cards together in SLI Nvidia
Abit board I'm not going to get the same perfmance as if I used a cross fire type of board.

I'm also figuing that even one ati card in a SLI mother board isn't going to work correctly?

Is my thinking correct? Please help.

I also paired things up with an AMD X2 4400 and the antec true power 2 550W.

I'm also getting worried about the power supply. I read that this power supply might not cut it when using two of these powerful video cards. I was told to go with the Emermax Liberty ELT 620.

I'm sure that my computer isn't put together yet considering I ordered it last night a 6:00 PM!!! I'm going to call them this AM to make any changes if needed.

Thanks!

Thanks for your replies!

That stinks! It seems There's then no reason to buy this mother board if I can't use two cards in the future! Glad I checked.

Important question!

Am I better off keeping this card and getting a compatable mother board or getting an SLI Video card like the 7800gtx 256. They don't have the 512 version and I can't wait.

Any other suggestions!!!

Or should I keep as is if I plan only to use one card.

Thanks!!

Wait for the 7900GTX? That is crazy, the x1900 already mops up on any game out right now. Why would he wait for the 7900gtx? why not keep his x1900 then sell it and buy a g80 series when it comes out so he can support dx10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom