Fully Optimized
My current specs are:
x300 graphics card (pci express)
256mb ram
450watt powersuppy
2.8 intel pentium4
AND A HUGE CASE (Xion)
Pci Express motherboard
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am upgrading to:
AGP 6800GS evga or PNY ($40 cheaper)
256mbx2 DUAL CHANNEL
512mbx2 DUAL CHANNEL
A better cpu cooler (25 *dba* is that loud???)
A basic agp motherboard
I am buying all of the above from NEWEGG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And b4 u tell me i shouldnt downgrade to agp...... its 2 late i had bought 756 mb of ram + a motherboard before i realized wat agp and pci xpress was. I FEEL LIKE A RETARDED NOOBIE
(shoulda researched)

Ok so my main point is, will this be able to play many of the new games like COD2 and BF2 with no skipping or errors cause its about time i upgrade to something real nice (as u can see)
I know it will b able 2 play all of the steam games (css) but will it handle some big games.

And is 1.5 gb ram 2 much cause i heard something about 2gb not making a differance..

Summary

Basically i would like someone to tell me whether or not i got a good system with 1.5 gb memory and a 6800gs agp.... and if you can, answer some of the other questions included as well

Sry 4 the long post. I can't help it :grind: :confused:

yeah the 6800 gs will last you a while. It can play most games on near high settings. 25 dba isnt very loud it is pretty quiet -0charlie

wow that really sux with the agp card! oh well what can u do eh? ya anyways is there a reason why ur going with 1.5 gb and not just get 2gb of corsair or ocz ram? two sticks of 1gig each from the same manufacturer work well together

Well.....

I already bought 256 mb + 512 mb
This was 2 months ago.........
Now im continuing where i left off
I had no knowledge of building computers 2 months ago
i just started researching about 2 weeks ago
I am trying 2 create a dual channel

(i heard it was 2x as fast)
And I jus wanna get above Bf2 Average ram usage
Its 1.2 gb max
+ i have a very very very tight budget
:D Thanks:D

just make sure when you put the ram in you put the same kind in the corresponding slot for dual channel- consult your mobo manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom