fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

guess123

Daemon Poster
what is fsb..i know it means front side bus..but when u say 800 fsb what does that mean ?

if i have a P4 2.66 GHz with 800fsb ..what would be the dif it was less fsb? is that the speed of the computer or what?

Stands for Front Side Bus, which denotes the speed at which your processor interacts with the components on the motherboard. Typically the FSB is 100Mhz or 133Mhz, but overclockers often manipulate this value to increase the speed at which their processor runs. i.e. 100Mhz FSB X 5.0 clockmultiplier = 500Mhz processor

www.pcstats.com/glossary.cfm

=================

Web Definition: FSB - Front Side Bus is the data channel connecting the processor, chipset, DRAM, and AGP socket. FSB is described in terms of its width in bits and it's speed in MHz.

www.crucial.com/uk/library/glossary.asp

How much memory do you need in order to use the full 800mhz that intel is offering?

in his case he is talking about processor FSB which is 800Mhz. the memory has a different FSB that is independant of the processor, although one affects the other.

whatever the motherboard accepts for memory is what you can use. if you have a slower memory FSB, example 533Mhz, the processor in this case will still run at 800Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom