DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtcheese64

In Runtime
I was nearly done putting together my new system when I ran into some trouble. My video card, a Connect3d X800 GTO is too long to be installed on the pcie1 slot because it runs into the chipset fan. My question is can I install the card in the other PCIe slot marked pcie4 without losing performance. The manual said that on the SLI version of this board, in single card mode the pcie4 slot only received X2 bandwidth.

It goes in the PCI X16 slot. If it hits the chipset fan, remove the decoration from it; you don't need it. Only the heatsink and fan matter.

It was actually hitting the blades of the chipset fan, I want to know if I can use the other X16 slot instead.

Therse two PCIE16 slots, it wont run at 16x on the bottom slot but only 8x.

My 7800GT goes directly over my chipset fan and a couple of wires, it only spins around 2000rpm and other people's spin at 5000rpm lol. Its fine.

Therse two PCIE16 slots, it wont run at 16x on the bottom slot but only 8x.
doesn't matter since these cards don't utilize above 8x bandwidth anyway.

There are lots of people over at www.dfi-street who put their card in the bottom slot.....some report that their chipset runs cooler and theres been no performance loss and for a few people a few points (literally like 5 points more) in 3dmark05......which basically means squat, but hey atleast it's not a 500 point drop.

You have to enable SLI by moving the jumpers and then you should be able to put your card in the bottom slot.

For more on it go to www.dfi-street.com and talk to some people there, or rather simply do a search before posting a question that's been answered many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom