Awsome Video Card, but bad FPS :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatrick

Beta member
Hello all,
I just installed a NIVIDIA e-Geforce 7800gs agp 8x video card yesterday. I am a big time rps and strategy game player and FPS means alot to me. I have updated everything i know to update and i am still averaging 20-40FPS on average settings with 1085X768 resolution. I am looking for advice or for a missing link to get the kind of Frame rates this card should be getting. I am open to any suggestions and hope that the host of knowlede you guys posses is enough to help me! Thanks for any input. Below is a list of my computers components:

2.6 Intel Celeron Pentium 4
soyo dragon lite MOBO
1.5 mb of ddr ram
80 gb ata 33 hd
***NVIDIA E-Geforce 7800 GS

PLEASE HELP ME INCREASE MY FRAME RATE!

1) What games are you playing?
2) Is your CPU a celeron or Pentium4? Its one of the 2, not both.
3) 1.5MB RAM or 1.5GB?
4) ATA 33 or ATA 133?

You can run 1.5gb's in dual channel, as I am now. :p I don't think dual channel was invented when that PC was built though.

How did you get rid of the old drivers?

Thanks for the feedback...
I am running an intel celeron 2.6. It is ata 133 i believe, but am not sure. The last thing is i am running 1500mb of ddr ram. Hope you guys can help please reply!!!

This is a list of the games I like playing... Let me know what you think.

Games I play/avg FPS:
BF2/30-40
CSS/20-40
Fear/15-35

I play all of these games at less than full settings at a resolution of 1024X768 60hz. Please help me!!!!!!!

Reformat. Its probably a driver issue. Whenever you install a new videocard you should at least run driver cleaner or do a reformat.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Reformat. Its probably a driver issue. Whenever you install a new videocard you should at least run driver cleaner or do a reformat.

I agree. Thats probably the best option.

have you checked to make sure your agg mobo driver is installed? i had a similar problem and the solution was installing the agp mobo drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom