Monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have a computer question about someone's monitor or vid card or mobod? When the computer is turned on the splash screen comes on but then it stays black and won't show anything. If you restart it after it is warm it will show on the screen now. I have reseated the vid card, replaced the vid card, tried a different monitor. It has 2000 running on it. What could this be?

We have tried the vid card in another machine and it works fine. Used another vid card and the same thing happened. This is a brand new MSI K8N Neo4-F NF4 939 board. I know things can happen but could it be the drivers? 2000 pro is being used.

I just got off the phone with MSI and they said it could be a number of things but I guess I learned something others told me I didn't have to do was wrong. When you have a sata drive and aren't putting it to a raid you still have to install the drivers from the disk. Is that really true? I have built a bunch and never done it and they all work great except this one. He said in the device manager I should have a section that says scsi and sata. I don't on my home computer. Let me know what you know about this.

MSI

i dont like or trust msi at all any more. i had to replace my motherboard 4 times because it had the same problem and then had to pay a pc man to fix. i figures that the pins for the floppy were missing. and my video card was fried!
so i couldnt disable floppy i the bioos. but now it workd . it took 5 months!
msi is still hastling me to send back the replacment board because an rma i sent them had a centimeter bend on one edge next to the ps2 keyboard and mouse connects. so they sent it back. arived today. thought id install it and it works rite now with the little ned. yet im going to keep this "damaged " one running and send them back the one they want so they leave me alone.never going to buy an MSI product again.
THE END
lol:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom