7900GTX as well as new Nvidia cards arrive in Europe ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan666 said:
i highly doubt that the release dates will stay put

expect them to be pushed bak

ya well i have time until Q1 2007. and the conroes are expected by Q3 so i put them to Q4 knowing intel :)

7900 GT
* PCIe native
* 450MHz core frequency
* 256-bit memory interface
* 42.2GB/sec. memory bandwidth
* 10.8B pixels/sec. fill rate
* 940M vertices/sec.
* 24 pixels per cycle
* Built in dual-link DVI support for 2560x1600 resolution

7800 GTX
- Core clock: 430MHz
- DirectX: DirectX 9
- DVI: 2
- Memory Clock: 1200MHz
- Memory Interface: 256-bit
- OpenGL: OpenGL 2.0
- PixelPipelines: 24
- Tuner: None
- TV-Out: S-Video Out
- VIVO: Yes

Difference:
7900 GT / 7800 GTX

* 450 / 430 MHz core frequency
* 42.2 / 38.4 GB/s memory bandwidth
* 10.8 / 10.32 B pixels/sec. fill rate
* 940 / 860 M vertices/sec.
* 1.32 / 1.2 GHz 256MB GDDR3 memory

003 said:
Why would you do that, if the X1900XT is most likely going to be faster, and $100 cheaper? Now if the 7900GTX surprises us and is faster than the XTX, then OK, but from the looks of things, it won't be. Why would you pay more money for something that is slower?

The key to your whole entire statement is "MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE FASTER"... That is such speculation... It's most likely going to be faster... It's most likely going to have a monkey for a heat sink too...

003, i like you, but you're a ATI fan boy.

I've had plenty of my share of ATI cards... I'm using one now.
I have a ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe, why would I go with a $600 ATI card that won't give me the opportunity to use SLI in the future?

All based on the specualtion , "most likely going to be faster".

I'm not waiting, I'm not going with another ATI card, i'm going NVIDIA and AMD... The system is going to own...

003, you buy the ATI X1900XTX or stop telling others too...

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
That's the most worthless and degrading post all day. You are the rudest and most socially inept person I've ever seen on any type of internet community. What is your problem?

Ryan

I don't like you either Ryan.

Spartan666 said:
Flanker always has his...opinions

Don't you? Don't you have opinions about Intel or AMD? Don't you have opinions about Nvidia or ATi, or what it will take to run UT2K7? Don't post stupid stuff like that above. Everybody has opinions.

I just tend to get ****ed when no-brain idiots come yapping around about stuff that don't know a rat's a$$ about.

SLI 7900GTXes for 1280x1024 on UT2K7. Hmm. I wonder. If anyone else patronizes me for insulting Beed, then you're with him, and just as big of an idiot.

On another note, I have to go with 003 on this one Havok. I'm trying to see your logic but it just isn't there. You're accusing 003 of being a ATi fanboy, but you're the one who's disregarding performance and going for one specific thing (fanboyism). If the 7900GTX outperforms the X1900XT, then whoop de do, you get to buy an excellent butt-kicking card. But if the 7900GTX is worse than the X1900XT (and apparently money is no issue) then I fail to see the logic of going with the 7900GTX. And right now, it doesn't look like the 7900GTX has a chance in **** of beating the X1900XT/X with 24 pipes.

Or we could all just wait until March 8/9. Three cheers for hard launches.

Ok seriously i didnt realize this was elementary here ppl. Seriously stop being little *****es and just learn to deal w/ others opinions alright? ****.

P.P. Mguire said:
Ok seriously i didnt realize this was elementary here ppl. Seriously stop being little *****es and just learn to deal w/ others opinions alright? ****.

This isn't an opinion. It's blatant disrespect. He's a bum. He needs to know when and HOW to shut his mouth. It's especially easy to be nice to other people on the internet because you have the luxury of thinking about whether or not you post something. Flanker needs to leave if he's going to ruin everyone else's day with his bad attitude.

P.P. Mguire, don't fall on the side of the fool.

Ryan

Wow. Go kill yourself right now. Just go, do it. I'm not even kidding. Go jump on the freeway.

Here is the idiot that was saying, "OMG OMG, wait for the 7900GTX. Its gonna be WTFpwnage and its going to play UT2K7 at 1280x1024." And now we see him saying that we're going to need SLI'd 7900GTXs to play UT2K7 at 1280x1024.

You need mental help man.

I second that (but I don't think that you needed to be that blund and bold about it ;)), look at AoE3. I played it on a 32mb PCI Geforce 3 (100/200), lagless in a 2v2 with all settings pretty low. That video card shouldn't even be able to open the game. I can't even imagine how awesome an FX series card would performance ...

My point is no game ever requires as much juice as it seems to. People talk ... to much perhaps, the world would be a better place if those who didn't know what they are talking about didn't talk at all.

P.P. Mguire, don't fall on the side of the fool.
Dont get me wrong man im on nobodies side here. Ive never seen some ppl act so middle school in my life and some of my friends ARE middle school. THe remarks and stupid come backs are getting so elementary and lame its actualy degrading to yourselves. And all this for what? For nothing. Its a piece of hardware, barnd name, w/e who cares. Everybody has their own opinion and sometimes it gets strecteched way beyound beleief and its rediculous. I used to be just like him where this whole crap is concerned and obviously am not. I started looking at my old posts and realized how dumb i sounded because im trying to degrade somebody not only on a forum thats on the intneret, but somebody that i will most like never meet in my life. Just think about it like that and hopefully if you guys have any maturity yourll grow up and realize how stupid this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom