HELP missing csrss.exe file VIRUS? (worried!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyofswiss

In Runtime
everytime i load up my computer a warning will say

Windows cannot find 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/qzhqzd/csrss.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.To search for a file, click the Start button and then click Search.

and then it was say bassically the same thing

Could not load or run'C:/WINDOWS/system32/qjhqzd/csrss.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file existson your computer or remove the reference into your registry.

now i think there is a virus doing something or spyware or somthing like that or.... A Boot sector virus got deleted but the registry still wants to load it. (I think i have a virus, internet and computer is slower that usual and games dont work that well).

any help would be greatly appreaciated becuase i have a crappy firewall/virus protection and it wont detect anything or it skips files and it sucks. :)

also my bf2 wont work well all the server that i have to connect though internet dont work single player does and my teamspeak doent work either but the server ts is running off of is running so i dont see why i cant get on it :|

That is either spyware or a virus. I can tell just by the directory.

C:/WINDOWS/system32/qzhqzd/csrss.exe

System32 folder shouldnt have a qzhqzd folder in it. So that just tells me either virus or spyware. Run scans for both. That might also explain why you cant get BF2 to run correctly.

see i went into msconfig and i have 3 csrss.exe files in the startup section should i take out the 2 that have that file path?

oh and when i do scans it will skip a few folders and it shuoldnt that might pose another problem :|

Well that just tells me you have either a virus or a worm.

Since it skips the folders when it shouldnt that is a distiction of a worm. Either that or a bad virus. Restart in Safe Mode (F8 while booting) and run the scans in there. That should stop the csrss.exe that shouldnt be running from running and you should be able to get rid of those nasty files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom