install a program w/out setup.exe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
i tried to install a game demo on my new pc by copying the files, and adding the reg key....it didnt work--how can i make it work?-i dont wanna dl the demo agin becuz i have dial up and its 120mb lol thanx

That all depends. It could be hidden files for sharing. It could be a hidden folder for themes and such. It could be a number of things. Applications dont always install EVERYTHING to one directory. There are a few hidden directories that have important information for certain application.

So either you have to find all the files and folder for the game. Use the installer, if you didnt delete it. Or else you have to redownload it again. Nothing is for sure when you try to copy over Registry keys. Doesnt always mean that will work to make an app run. The installer is the only sure fire way.

you can't tranfer programs with a pc like you can a mac. I do think that it's possible though with aloha bob

Well some simple apps you can. I have done it with my system tray clock replacement app But something as complicated as a game it is way more difficult. No way to tell exactly where all the files were stored.

What about the files transfer wizard? Would that do it? I haven never used that so i dont know if it would transfer the game over or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom