pc wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumerdudeman

In Runtime
i was using my computer and everything was working fine and when i came back about an hour later it was off and i couldnt get it to turn back on, i checked connections and flipped switches on it and power surge but it still wont turn on.

suggestions anyone?

most probably your PSU burned. Try to unplug the PSU cord
and keep it out for few minutes...then plug it back.
If it doesn't work, use another PSU (if you got one) to make
sure that there's no mobos prob.

maybe it will make no sence, but try to make sure that the
power socket you're plugging your pc has electricity...
(it happended to me, that's why I suggest it!)

yea i kept it unplugged for 24 hours but it still did that and the surge that everything else was plugged into, everything else still works so i know that where i was plugging it into works.

tink what were you saying about a fan

im going to buy another psu and hook it up and try to see if thats my problem, how do i determine what kind to get.

Look at another PSU and its connections. Next, look at what is already plugged in. Then start uplugging what is in and put in the new connection from the other power supply. Just study whats there already and put the other power supply inthe same way. Take a picture if need be.

ok i tested my power supply and found out that nothing was wrong with it and then called up abit (motherboard make) and went through the long boring process to find out that as i suspected, there is something wrong with the mother board.

so now as i see it, i have three options, two of them are reasonable

1. RMA through cyberpower and get this mobo fixed or replaced

2. RMA through abit and get this mobo fixed or replaced

3. buy a new motherboard. not really a good option

do you think i should RMA through abit or cyberpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom