alright, wtf...20 fps in World of warcraft city

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I have a 3700+ amd athlon 64, 256 mb Nvidia 7800gt, 1 gb dual channel ram pc, and when i go into Ogrimmar, a city that at the time had about 30 people in the main meeting area, i get 20 fps when focusing on the crowd. Isn't this extremely low? I have heard of people with integrated graphics cards getting more than that. I can't believe that i cannot pinpoint the problem. This is getting so frustrating!! I updated the drivers to the current ones and everything! WTF!

PS: All of the settings are on max, but that shouldn't kill my framerate THAT much.

What can i check or troubleshoot to see what is bottlenecking my system?

I get low framerates in the thrities in cs:s as well. I just don't know what to do!

Did you upgrade from a different card? Do you get rid of the drivers properly?

Have you installed the chipset drivers? - even though w/o that the frame rate will be choppy.

How much ram do you have?

My bad, I can't skim read when I am tired. I do this nearly every night. It is 1gb he would have then.

Yes, i have all the correct drivers. This is a brand new build. I think that it is my graphics card. Is it possible to return it over something to do with low framerates?

what server are you on? Low or high population?
have you made sure all of your fans are operating?
what kind of temperatures do you have inside of your case?

At first I was going to say the same thing, but I NEVER have problems in Ogrimmar.... My problems are always in Ironforge... sometimes drops down to below 5fps... but that is due to server traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom