intel vs amd

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD athlon 64 3000+ = p4 3.0ghz with 512KB L2 cach memory

but if u have p4 3.0GHz with 1MB or 2MB cach memory, it will beat AMD athlon 64 3000+, isn't that right???

maroon1 said:
But if u have p4 3.0GHz with 1MB or 2MB cach memory, it will beat AMD athlon 64 3000+, isn't that right???

Depends on what you're doing. In video encoding, which requires fast clockspeeds and a large cache, yes, the Pentium 4 would probably beat the A64. In office applications, like Word/Excel/(Basically ANY office application), which don't require any fast clockspeeds or large caches, they would be the same. In videogames, which require a efficient architecture, and are helped by AMD's onboard memory controller, the A64 would kick the Pentium 4's a$$.

You tell me. What's more important? Video Encoding or Video Games?

Flanker said:
Depends on what you're doing. In video encoding, which requires fast clockspeeds and a large cache, yes, the Pentium 4 would probably beat the A64. In office applications, like Word/Excel/(Basically ANY office application), which don't require any fast clockspeeds or large caches, they would be the same. In videogames, which require a efficient architecture, and are helped by AMD's onboard memory controller, the A64 would kick the Pentium 4's a$$.

You tell me. What's more important? Video Encoding or Video Games?

hey flanker can you help out in this....

video encoding cpu

Well "ihatewalmart" you have no such ground to make such drastic comparisons when you take your other useless posts into consideration (i.e "is this a good build?") ...b/c when you do it is very hard to take you seriously! As far as comparing Intel's pro with AMD's.....thats just something your not capable of doing! Please do some research b4 you make such acusations and also PLEASE dont put "Intel vs. amd" as a title if you are not going to prove VALID points on why one is better than the other! As i said b4, if you would like help with information regarding computers, software, or just basic posting "rules" then you can contact me at sw_freak64@yahoo.com or sw_freak64 via Yahoo IM. I'm always available for help!

adam02 said:
AMD's run cooler too. and have more efficient architecture!

only with intel's 95nm architecture tho. the intel EE 955 dual core runs much lower temps since its 65nm and is better than amd at OCing.

Does anyone have a link that compares all major CPU's Athlon and Intell in Performance test with in video games. With graph's and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom