cold cathode lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
if i am going to be building a system w/ a dfi lanparty ut ultra-d do i need to have a uv colored cathode to get the coloring on the board to glow or will any cold cathode work?

You will need to have a UV cathode for it to glow, but don't worry they are alot more classy and cooler looking then pure colours. ;)

yup, you need a uv cathode kit, the other colors are much brighter, but will not react with any UV sensitive product. If you can get two kits, one on top and one on bottom, then should get an even glow throughout the whole case. if you dont have room, one kit has two tubes, if you put the inverter in the middle, then you can put tube on top and one on bottom. (i taped my inverter in the middle on the side of one of the 3 1/2 bays so i can have a tube on top and one on the bottom.

these are the cathodes i bought:
http://www.shoppts.com/lo12ducocaki4.html
PTS and Jab-tech have them for 5 bucks, that's the cheapest ive seen em for dual tubes.

nah i got two 80mm blue led fans and my the ram slots and everything are still sensitive to blue. i wouldnt go with like green or anything but blue seems to work fine but im sure UV works the best.

ya im gunna get those UV lights and make my DFI GLOW , i dont like having my comp too bright since its right next to me and it distracts my gaming

yeah i was either gonna get uv or white...i think white would look wicked in a black lian li 65

I've noticed that some blue Cold Cathode lights will make the DFI motherboards glow... And I also have blue cathodes under my cars dash for a cool look and they make my girlfriends yellow shirts glow strange colors.... Might just be light mixing with it but I'm not for sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom