which os is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I love xp does the job just fine.

I hear good things about windows 2000 although some games arnt compatible such as starlancer although it is old :)

Linux is ok but wasnt too my taste its great if you want to customise your pc to perfection but otherwise I stick to xp suits me fine.

jbc said:
Windows 2K, for some odd reason, has a lot less security holes in it then XP does. Microsoft insereted a lot of security threats when it produced XP. I have aslo been told that security threats are a Microsoft phonemena. I have been told that Linux doesn't have security holes like Microsoft does. I have been told in the past two years there has been a sum total of three patches for Linux compared to the 120 for Windows there appears to be no contest from a security standpoint. I am seriously thinking of getting Linux pre-installed on my next computer.

maybe you should do your own research before posting crap like this.

2000 has more security holes than xp. Highly doubtful. I've never ran the numbers but i do administer a SUS server. My guess is that there's more 2000 patches than xp.

MS inserted security threats with xp. I was reading the other day that MS used 2000 as a codebase for xp. So maybe a 1/2 truth but sp2's main goal was to eliminate security problems.

Security threats are only a MS issue. Don't be so naive. http://search.cert.org/query.html?col=certadv&col=vulnotes&qt=linux&charset=iso-8859-1

jbc - windows had more patches because the make everything. Your not going to see patches for apache under kernel.org. People say linux machine dont get hacked, whare did the term rooting come from?

i like wal-mart too, they're cheap.

matthab - most people dont have a computer that can handle XP 64-bit, because its expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom