7800GS is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt say a pretty big difference in bandwidth. Just a big difference, AGP is now considered outdated technology and is being phased out. Thats whay I meant by big difference.
Ahh, well considering that guy said "stuck with a 6800GS" I'm figuring he's referring to power, and with your comment, I thought you were making it sound like the PCI-E had an insane advantage over AGP or something.

RMAing stuff is great for a free upgrades. I RMA'd my 6800 standard and recieved a full refund, to get a 7800gt for £10 :D (I had to buy a new motherboard though.)

Thats a nice big increase on 05 there.

charles_scott said:
Hey, I'm the one that is stuck with a 6600GT.... I think I have one of the lower end cards now. :'(

I still have an ATI Radeon 9200. So compared to me, you have a highend card. Enjoy.

Funny thing is hes complaining about being "stuck" w/ a 6800GS. I have a 6800GT (shouldnt when i get home) and am super happy because it plays everything maxed out so far. For me this 7800GS should be plenty enough. Also, the 7800GS whoops the GT and GS both on PCI-E and AGP. FOr AGP id say thats not bad. I wish i could just go home and put it in but i gotta stay after school.

BillGates said:
You have a PCI-E card, the 7800GS is AGP. Pretty big difference.
Not really much difference at all. In terms of speed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom