Yonahs on Newegg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovesocks

In Runtime
OH MY GOODNESS THEY'VE GOT YONAHS ON NEWEGG AND THEY'RE SOCKET 478!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOO TEMPTED!!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...TR10=&ATTR11=&ATTR12=&ATTR13=&ATTR14=&ATTR15=

Do intels have superior steppings in the beginning, like AMD?? If you buy one early, will it overclock better?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Can your average s478 board handle these new CPUs??? I swear I'm gonna do it .. I'm gonna do it .. ahahaha I LOVE YOU, SOCKET 478!!!! I could make love to my Prescott right now .. thank you for forcing me to buy a s478 board .. thank you thank you .. I'm sorry I was ashamed of you .. forgive me ..

Part 2: Ooooh, you naughty Yonah. Flaunting your 65nm architecture everywhere. You're a dirty processor. You just want me to drop you into my motherboard and get overclocked 'til you scream, don't you? Yes.

Im new to intel chips so I have a few questions:

why are these chips so expensive? what makes them so good?

also for that price and only around 2.0ghz? Usualy intel chips have way higher clock rates.

And if these are new series cpus, why are they for the 478?

I thought that that socket was being phased out for the 775.

Well, for one thing they're dual cores. They're also brand-new. I think they're supposed to be more efficient, both in terms of power consumption and in terms of stuff done per cycle. That's why they have a low clock rating.

I don't know about the 478/775 thing, but I don't care. Screw Socket T!

Tell us about intel steppings, gaara! Tell us!

LOL dude, they have been out for a while :p

Don't be confused with the socket 478, they will not work on a normal socket 478 board, further, they will not even work on a 479/Dothan adapter.

The only desktop board out there right now for them is an AOpen board, and that's still only available in Europe and Asia. Actually I am not even sure if it's available there yet to the public or if just people with 'connections' got them

why are these chips so expensive? what makes them so good?
As for the price, they are actually kind of price gouging on these right now. They were cheaper when they first came out.

also for that price and only around 2.0ghz? Usualy intel chips have way higher clock rates.
These are the first of a new series of chips from Intel. The clock speeds are actually more efficient that AMD chips., so 2Ghz is fast on these. It is more closely based on the P-M (Dothan) chips from Intel which have very efficient clocks. Don't confuse these with P-4 Netburst clocks.

And if these are new series cpus, why are they for the 478?
See above, it is a mobile socket and not to be confused with the desktop socket 478.

Tell us about intel steppings, gaara! Tell us!
Well, they have already gotten to 3Ghz on air. It beat an FX-60 which was clocked at close to 3.4Ghz.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=157796

idiotec said:
LOL dude, they have been out for a while :p

Don't be confused with the socket 478, they will not work on a normal socket 478 board, further, they will not even work on a 479/Dothan adapter.
Aww, man. Crash. Why are the chips available if the boards aren't? Anyway, I posted it because a TF search for "yonah newegg" turned up nothing. *sigh* It'll probably be a year before they make a microATX s478 board for those babies. I guess Conroe might be out by then .. Yes. My rig is still new .. to me. I can wait.

ilovesocks said:
Aww, man. Crash. Why are the chips available if the boards aren't? Anyway, I posted it because a TF search for "yonah newegg" turned up nothing. *sigh* It'll probably be a year before they make a microATX s478 board for those babies. I guess Conroe might be out by then .. Yes. My rig is still new .. to me. I can wait.
Well, it is a mobile chip, so being that desktop boards weren't available at launch is not unexpected, although it would of been nice.

Here is a thread regarding desktop mobo's for Yonah. The AOpen is for sure and should be available in the US this month. No sure about the other one.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89403

ya they're only clocked as 2.0 just like the Pentium M's but a PM at 1.6GHz could rival a p4 at 2.4GHz. i think its the same for the core duos

Not bad! I personaly like the T2500 BUT i am an AMD guy and have a few suggestions.....
Go for the Update AMD Opteron 165 Denmark! then youll need a soc939 board...for that i have three suggestions
1> K8n-SLI Neo platnum...great for sli support and good with OCing
2> ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ...
great OCer, cool heat transferance system, and descriptave instaslation support.
and last but definatly NOT least <3> DFI LanParty Expert....Master OCing board, works very well with ValueSelect -or- OCZ, 4GB mem support, HT compatable, GR8 with SLI cards( especialy 7800 GT and GTX, Dualchannel support, and (I think...) the best board right now on the market for expansion and upgrades! Good Luck!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom