7900GTX as well as new Nvidia cards arrive in Europe ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29928

This means that 7900 GTX might get close to ATI's X1900 XTX card but it will lose in many of the benchmarks. We suspect that at 4X FSAA and eight or sixteen times Anisotropic filtering ATI X1900 XTX can still keep its crown, but we still have to see this. Asian partners placed limited quantities order for G71, 7900 GTX chips and they ordered less chips then they usually do, according to sources.

Looks like ATI will still win

P.P. Mguire said:
How many times did i say it was just a beefed up version HUH HUH? Yea thank you very much.

Actually its more like a shrunk down version since its 90nm...

But unless its 32 pipes, it won't matter.

The best thing about this is that the prices for the 7800 series will go down.

P.P. Mguire said:
What i said totaly went over your head but thats alright.
Oh, I missed the post before yours. Yeah I'm also not going for the 7900 and X1900, I'm waiting for the G80 and the R600.

remember forum threads and even Inquirer articles that stated that the 7900GT would be double performance over the 7800GTX

That was never said, I've read articles that stated the 7900GT would perform the same as the 7800GTX, but never twice as much. Are you crazy? That would take at least two 7900GTX's in SLI to double the performance of a single 7800GTX.

I am still liking the x1900xtx

Me too, especially since it's looking like the GTX may only have 24 pipes after all, which would easily allow ATI to wear the performance crown for now. If it has 32, it'll give ATI a run for it's money and will most likely outperform the XTX. However, the XT can reach XTX speeds with a small and easy OC, and the XT will cost at least $100 lesser than the GTX, if not $150 or $200 less.

Oh, I missed the post before yours. Yeah I'm also not going for the 7900 and X1900, I'm waiting for the G80 and the R600.

Yea might as well, since Vista and DX10 are just coming into view.

The best thing about this is that the prices for the 7800 series will go down.

Sorta, the 7900GT will perform around the same as the 7800GTX, and cost the same or less. Might as well grab the newer technology, especially if it's just as fast as the older stuff and cheaper.

The 7800GT may hang around as a decent card, but here is how I see the elite Nvidia video card line:

6800GS, 7800GT, 7900GT, 7900GTX

I'm really guessing the 7800GT will be replaced by the 7600GT, although it might be slightly less powerful.

The whole point of my post was this really (sorry for the coment to you 003, didnt know). DX10 isnt gonna come out for a long while STILL. G80 will have support for it, yes, but i dont think it will be very good support seems how first hardware and software coming together is really buggy (sorry if that dosent make any sense im kinda out of it). My post was mearly saying ive got a good card now and im gonna wait. ^^ The 7800GS outperforms a 6800GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom