Error - 0x0000007B???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Shawn, it aint it, ive just tested my old HDD, and one out of the pentium2 downstairs exactly the same conclusion, did you find that Humourous?

Not really, but we will work by process of elimination. Next, How many memory modules do you have installed? Try using 1 stick if you have multiple. If you have any PCI cards installed, remove them. Try to install/boot with the bare minimum and see what happens. If it works, reinstall everything else 1 by 1 and see when it happens. Please post your results so that I can help you further.

Yea im only using 1 stick of Dimm 1gb, but i can try sum old ones, and ive takin apart the computer twice already to try and do that? This is crazy, you seem very knowledgeable about this type of thing, and im currently using three other forums, rekon i should just take to the computer shop?

Go to your motherboards website. Through Support and Downloads you can find your motherboard which will have updated drivers and bios for your board. Check to see what revision they have, then when you boot your pc it will show you somewhere on the top corner or the bottom what version you currently have. You could also try another IDE cable. It is rare however I have seen it cause a problem. Try all this out before you waste spending money on someone else's time and knowledge.

Nevermind, completely unrelated problem, had a mate look at it, thanx for your help Shawn, much appreciated.

Sorry it took so long to reply, had a crazy weekend, party! Anyways, i had to get my mate to explain so hopefully if i get something wrong you guys can correct it:

My 200Gb hard drive is a Pata, it has 133 Mbytes P/second Buffer to/from host. I had it plugged into a 100 mbyte p/second IDE slot using a 100 mb per second ribbon cable. Hope this helps, thanx for your help anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom