FX-60...Overkill?

Would you put your keyboard through the dishwasher?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bryan64 said:
My present comp ran me $2000 summer 2003 and this one will run me $4000, so what, it means nothing as long as I am happy, thats all that matters.

You're an idiot and excessively rich if you're buying a FX-60 just because you can. Its just plain stupid.

The FX series is ONLY for those who don't have the brains to overclock.

TheMajor said:
If you OC an FX-60 no "regular" CPU will keep up.

Negatory. The High-End processors (FX-55,-57,-60) run very very hot as it is, and its generally not recommended, or possible, to overclock them. Its true that they give the highest ever overclocks, but thats under liquid nitrogen, dry ice, or VapoChill setups, nothing close to what air, or ever water, can achieve. You can maybe get an FX-60 to 2.8GHz before you start running out of degrees celcius , but you can do the same thing with an Opteron 165 or 170. Generally the overclock that you get with a extremely high-end processor can be duplicated by a much cheaper processor.

Actualy the FX-Series is pretty much for ppl that are like over at XS TO OC. Also, if you only game on medium and use photo shop a little bit youd be better off w/ a Wal Mart computer.

I think its just a waste of money, only if you know how to oc, because u can easily oc a 165 to those speeds for $650 cheaper, but if you dont oc and a hardcore gamer its definitly worth it, but that's the only time that i believe that this cpu is any bit useful.

The only real advantage the FX series has is it's unlockable multipliers which is useful for overclocking.

If you can't OC that much to start with, what's the point of being able to unlock different multipliers?

Go with an Opteron 165.

P.P. Mguire said:
I just love how everybody wants to bash the best processor AMD puts out. Amazes me really.
I don't think anyone is bashing it, of course it is a great processor. We are talking about price/performance ratio. It definitely fails in that respect. Do you think $400 is worth 200Mhz?

For some ppl yes. There ARE ppl out there that wont touch their processor to OC it even if they have another one being afraid of frying it. So, for them, its the best way to go.

P.P. Mguire said:
For some ppl yes. There ARE ppl out there that wont touch their processor to OC it even if they have another one being afraid of frying it. So, for them, its the best way to go.

Like I said, its only for idiots and those without the brains to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom