Plz help with 0x24

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumeisenshii

Beta member
I Have a Toshiba laptop that i recently bought and its a Windows Xp. My brother was doing something on it and it turned off. When i turned it on it went to the OS Menu(Safe mode, Start windows normally, etc.) So i choosed safe mode and saw windows xp logo, and saw the bar loading then all of a sudden i see a blue screen then turns black. Then it went back to the Os Menu, so then i tried the other options and the same thing occurs over and over. So i pressed F8 and choose the disable automatic restart and finnally saw what the blue screen which said I need to run chkdsk /f but i dont kno how to do it if my computer cant even load up the operating system. The error message is 0x00000024, and some other numbers. Can you please help me.

If im in the wrong part of the forum please tell me where to repost.

NTFS File System error.

What you should do is a repair instal of XP. That is the only true way to fix this. Then run chkdsk to make sure that nothing is wrong with your HDD.

I tried chkdsk but i freezes too much, and when i took it to a an expert he told me it might be the bios but he doubt it, but he said use the microsoft floppy to repair it, if not its the HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom