Windows XP Sp2 no WPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexta182

In Runtime
I have a PC that has Windows SP2 installed and have set up a wireless network. On the two other laptops i have i can select WPA. On this one laptop (te2100) it dont have the option to choose WPA only WEP. I have updated the drivers for the wireless card on the toshiba laptop and still no luck. I checked gpedit to see if it had any policies (as its a school laptop) and i didnt find any. The other laptop is also a school laptop and I had no issue. is their any other things I can try?

Also when I see the network in 'Wireless Network connection' and try to join the network I get a message saying no network was found or it is out of range', but it can see it with full signal strengh!

Thanks Guy's

The issue is its school laptop and has been configured with school settings etc - I dont know if the tech at the school will do that

maybe the wireless adaptor in that laptop doesnt support WPA only WEP. if you turn security off does it connect to the network?

Also are you using windows to set up your wireless connection or the wireless adaptor software?

Im using the the Windows connection. I thought that there might be an issue with the card not supporting WPA, and no I havent checked connecting to the wireless without security. the laptop is about 4 years old so my guess is its old technology.

ok take off the security and make sure to make the SSID visable see if it connects if it does then It`ll be because it doesnt support WPA so will have to use WEP. If it still doesnt connect without security then make sure to update the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom