What Case Do You Have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I am going to be getting a couple of mid tower cases.

I still dont know what i want....leaning towards coolermaster wave master for one of them, but still not sure.

Could you guys post what cases you are using, and how you like it....pros and cons.

NZXT Trinity.

Pros:
Clean, sleek and sexy.
Keeps reasonably cool.
Enough space for everything (including my massive zalman 9500 HSF)
Blue LED fan on the side.
Plenty of drive bays to expand to.
Hard drive bays are oriented for easy access. They face the side, rather than the front.
Toolless bays for HDDs, FDD, and ODDs.

Cons:
Kinda tight fit in some spots, especially where the HDDs are. The cables press up against the side window pretty tight.
Stock fan in the back is just plain black.

I have the thermaltake kandalf, had it for a while now, keep swapping out stuff in and out of it all the time.

Pros: HUGE!!!
Ridicolous Amount of Drive Bays
Unlimited Expansion Possibilities (Including a custom WC kit)
Nice looks

Cons: HUGE!!!
Weight

I am being serious when I say this. THis case might be too big for some. With all of my components, it weighs a shitload, around 50-60 pounds. However, it is really nice looking, and the size has its advantages for expansion and stuffing this thing with anything you can imagine.

The silver one is much lighter, being made of aluminum.

Antec P180

Pros:
Simple, elegant look
Space for 5 120mm fans (although that would defeat the purpose of the case, which is to be quiet)
Unique side panel construction (aluminum, plastic, aluminum) dampens noise
Seperate acoustic and thermal chambers
Quiet!

Cons:
PSU mounted in bottom of case, can be a hassle if your PSU is larger than normal, has short wires, etc.
Doors and side panels can warp

ThermalTake Soprano

Pros:
11 drive bays
screwless aside from PSU, motherboard and 2 thumbscrews (which i don't use) for the side panel. makes installing drives really easy
looks good
decent cooling with 2x120mm fans and a 90mm fan on the side panel
front and side panel locks
dust filter for front intake fan

Cons:
really common case so doesn't stand out at a lanparty :(
HEAVY!!!
i don't like that the quick access USB, firewire and audio are on top instead of at the front
the front panel looks kind of tacky

some weird aspire case with blue bubble lights, front LCD display, and a side window.

Not a fan of it really but it was dirt cheap....and blue lights are always cool hehe

I've got a Hewlett Packard Compaw case, w00.

Pros:
I like it's simples design, maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Cons:
Too loud
Tight in some places

mypc6mp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom