What is the best GPU I can get with a very reliable 350W psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 6800gs requires a MINIMUM of a 350w. I'd rather not be on the edge of power requirements.

I suggest upgrading your PSU.

what brand is this 'reliable' 350watt power supply?

I would suggest upgrading the power supply. I have an Antec True 430 on my 2nd newest PC, and it performs flawlessly... A friend laughed saying that I would never need more than the 350 watt supply he had....

Long story short, after a video card upgrade, his system would only boot if he unplugged the molex connector from the video card, then plugged it back into the vid card after the system posted.... I won't go into detail, but I will say, spend the $85 and get a more powerful one. (did you factor in power used by USB devices?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928 this is an updated model of the True430 I have...

I had a standard 6800 on a 330w antec PSU, and it would refuse to boot on non cold start-ups. I found out after losing the card that the beeps it gave out meant too low power.

Reliability and raw power are two different things. You need to check your 12V rating on the side of the power supply for us.

Ryan

I can't upgrade because I have a prebuilt, the brand is Delta and I've heard on this board that its a very good brand, and it has 24 A on the 12V

You probally would get away with a 6800gs, as its amps are nice and high for a single rail.

Trifid said:
I had a standard 6800 on a 330w antec PSU, and it would refuse to boot on non cold start-ups. I found out after losing the card that the beeps it gave out meant too low power.
You have to remember, the 6800GS is 110nm and the 6800 is 130nm, and larger chips use more power. If it is indeed by a good brand, such as FPS group, then I would say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom