Need help buying a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to get the hiper also, but then everyone told me to stay away from it. So I just got a OCZ Powerstream 520w and I love it. Cost more than the Hiper though.

Why were they telling you to stay away from it? I want to know if there are going to be problems before i buy it.

Personally I would go with an Antec Truepower 2.0 550watts. It costs 90 dollars at newegg and it's very good quality. I never heard of that Hiper PSU you are thinking about getting and when it comes to PSUs you should always stick to the namebrands like Antec, OCZ, or PC Power and Cooling.

All companies have to start from somewhere. They are a UK based company, so we all went mad getting them, and found that they are very good. The only problem that I know of is on the tomshardware PSU stress test thing, it's -12v went too high, remember that in this test very few made it through, not even the Antec or OCZ made it, and this test is very stressful on the PSU.

They did a re test of it and it passed: http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/07/5_power_supplies_get_the_full_juice_treatment/page8.html

i have the Blue Hiper Type-R 580W and it is highly recommended. It looks awesome its very very quiet. Very reliable. Dont critisise this product if you don't actually have it. I own it and because im in the UK, its an awesome price.

Im in the uk too and im now going to get it... ive finally got to see my mates and he has had no problems..both fans on it = 18db. Yes very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom