Error - 0x0000007B???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty_Russill

Solid State Member
OK, hows it goin, ive been looking for help on my new computer creation. I was just wondering if anyone new what 'STOP: 0x0000007B' im getting the error evrythime i got to install windows on the new system. I had my dvd plugged into the main IDE on the mobo, next to thepower plug, and my HDD in one of two other IDE's. I would get to the point where windows asks me if i wanna install windows, then immediately says, no HDD detected, make sur blablabla.

Anyways i decided to swap the IDE's the DVD and HDD were plugged into, and it finally rekonised my HDD as well as ran and read the DVD.

My problem is windows starts to start at boot, then it loads and says Stop:0x0000007B and says windows setup, and wont do anythingpast it?????

A soon as i progess theres always another glitch. Thanx fo your time guys.

Um thanx but this is a brand new system im trying to load windows onto, ive only just put it together, so theres absolutley nothing on it, unformatted hard drive and everything. And ive reset the bios, this is crazy no one ive talked to so far knows whats going on. I know all my hardware is fine, i ended up swapping the HDD to IDE 0, and the DVD to IDE 1, which works fine now. But as soon as i get to windows install i get that error number.?

I have read it, but i know the drive is good, because it can read it in the bios, it tells me verything about it, 200gb samsung blabla, Why would it be able to access it in cmos and not when im trying to install windows?

Like i cant even access dos yet, all ive done is put all my bits in and turned it on, an all i get is the option to go into cmos or let the boot continue and then the DVD starts to read my windows XP cd.

Are you using an OEM CD that came with a different new computer, like a Dell or HP?
And yeah, occasionally new stuff does go bad, thats why RMAs were created.

No, its a copy of XP Profesional, not from any other computer, i know what you mean though because i have an acer laptop that came with home edtion, and i could only use it in this machine, but i have since got another copy (Pro), without that protection,

Wait a second, ive got an old pentium 2 downstairs, would i be able to format the drive on it the transfer it to this new computer, or is that what Shawn was trying to point out

the harddrive from the pentium 2 wouldint work because the mobo is different, it wouldint have the right drivers to run it.....when i had those error screens it was all due to my memory, so if you didnt cgange out the memory try that, if not type the error number into yahoo and see what other people did

Rusty_Russill said:
I have read it, but i know the drive is good, because it can read it in the bios, it tells me verything about it, 200gb samsung blabla, Why would it be able to access it in cmos and not when im trying to install windows?

Like i cant even access dos yet, all ive done is put all my bits in and turned it on, an all i get is the option to go into cmos or let the boot continue and then the DVD starts to read my windows XP cd.

Dude, just because the bios see's it does NOT mean that it is a good drive. It could have corrupt sectors and/or bad clusters. I see that you choose not to listen to me so good luck.

Humor me and try another hard drive and install XP. Use everything else but that drive and let me know what happens.

Allright ill try another drive, ill get back to you by the end of the day, i am listening to you, ive just been getting bulls***t answers from so many people i like to make sure,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom