HDD Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty_Russill

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, it seems like everytime i need help the only place i can get a straight answer is from here, anyways,

Ive just got my new PC together, and everything is running fine except the HDD. Its funny,in cmos/bios, in boot priority i can see my HDD, but when i goto my IDE master/slave menu i can only see my DVD Drive. And when i go to install windows it says i have no hard drive, any ideas on how to set it up?? Its a Samsung 200gb, unformatted.

Plus i havent got a 3.5 Floppy installed but can easilly be arranged.
Thanx for your time dudes,

If you take out the drive, there should be a diagram for the jumper settings... use either the MASTER or CS (Cable Select) setting. Also, re-connect the IDE cable to both the drive and the motherboard... check to make sure no pins are bent.

Sorry i shouldve mentioned that, the jumpers are fine and on master though ill have a go at cable jumper setting

Nope, i got nothing, ive tried with another cable aswell, tried jumper on master, cable, and slave just for the sake of it. I can still see the HDD in my boot priorites, in cmos and underneath that it says 'all bootable cards' or something similiar. But the drive still wont show in my IDE list. The DVD drive is plugged into the main IDE next to the power plug, and ive tried both of the other two IDE slots. Rekon it would be worth trying both the DVD and HDD on the same ribbon? Or Swapping the HDD to the main IDE?

I havent a clue. Thanx for your info so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom