Broken Graphics Card Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazz226

Beta member
After having quite a few problems, i recently bought a new motherboard and discovered the fan of my 6600gt is most definitely broken. Now I haven't overclocked it or the system and one part of the plastic appears slightly warped. I was wondering if there's any way to test for permanent damage to card itself. Because if there isn't I'll just buy a new fan for the graphics card, any suggestions for that?

Thanks

How old is the card? Is it the PCB that has melted and warped?

How about the Zalman VF700-CU or the Arctic Cooling Rev.2 nVidia 6

The Zalman VF700 was what I'd planned on buying, just curious for some more experience opinions...
It's the middle section of the actual fan (centre), where many have stickers like mine. The sticker is burnt and warped and the plastic underneath slightly too.
The card is just under a year old, if I could find my receipt I'd try and claim it on warranty =P

cazz226 said:
The Zalman VF700 was what I'd planned on buying, just curious for some more experience opinions...
It's the middle section of the actual fan (centre), where many have stickers like mine. The sticker is burnt and warped and the plastic underneath slightly too.
The card is just under a year old, if I could find my receipt I'd try and claim it on warranty =P

Well if the burn marks are where you say they are I would guess that the motor burned up/shorted out.

I have a VF700-Cu sitting next to me if you're interested. The heatsinks won't come with it cause it's used. I mean, I can send them if you want, but they won't stick very well.

Ryan

I assume you mean the motor of the fan? I think I'll just a buy a new fan anyways...and thanks but I live in Australia...the postage costs would be prohibitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom