Questions On Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_clay_10

Baseband Member
what is Cas Latency and is 2 or 3 better?

what is the best timming to have on ram(example 2-2-2-5 or 3-3-3-8, ect.)?

is more or less voltage better? and does having more volts let me OC better(even though im probally not going to, jw)?

lower cas latency is better. Latency is bad. My girlfriend has a high latency, so I want to bring her timings down as low as I can. That way response time will be better. Hope that helped.

Voltage... eh, it kinda depends on what you're working with. Post what kind of ram you need and some of the boys will point you towards some good ram.

Ryan

The lower the latency the faster it will run. (2-2-2-5)

Voltage is increased to overclock farther. The only time you should buy ram for the voltage is when the warranty covers high voltage. All ram is capable of different voltages but cheap ram will most likely die from it.

the more extra volts the better oc you get? Does this mean taht a lower inital voltage will allow better oc?

The higher the volts the more resistance as well, something to keep in mind. When upping the voltage start to think about getting some air moving through the ram.

I wouldn't say that lower voltage will mean a better overclock. Just having a look at it, my ram is rated at a lower voltage than G. SKILL, but I will never expect it to overclock far, where as I would do with the G. Skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom