Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

w105

In Runtime
I got real bored today and gutted an old PII 400 I had lying around. I have built three computers before and had no major problems. But this time, when I installed everything back in the 400 and turned on the power, nothing happend. All I head was a humming noise. The humming was either coming from the hard drive or the power supply, or at least I think. Please help me.

Probably Power Supply

take out the hard drive and turn your pc on, if the power supply is working correctly, you will be in dos and be prompted that there is no hard disk and a beep noise should be heard, from pc speaker.

If nothing happends when you turn it on, most likely the problem is your power supply, it sounds like it is the power supply to me. Do you have another HD tha would boot in the PC, you could try booting anothher HD, to confirm the problem is the HD or the P supply.

Blake

Have you put your board's header connection's in backward's.The wire's that run between your tower and the board.

could you please be a little more specific. I have no clue what the boards connections are [lol]

w105 said:
I got real bored today and gutted an old PII 400 I had lying around. I have built three computers before and had no major problems. But this time, when I installed everything back in the 400 and turned on the power, nothing happend. All I head was a humming noise. The humming was either coming from the hard drive or the power supply, or at least I think. Please help me.

I don't have a clue,make you topic line more specific for better results.It can be edited.
:confused:

Okay, I unplgged all the wires from the power supply and hooked them back up. It worked! I also found out what the humming noise was, it was the CPU fan on the heatsink. Went and picked up another fan and now the system is running perfectly. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom