USB Device not being recongnized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Hey, the problem is I plug in my ipod nano w/ the usb hookup, and it starts charging and everything, but it says the usb device cant be recognized? so I cant take/put songs onto the ipod cause it doesnt show up on Itunes, any ideas?.. this didnt happen on my other pc.

You won't be able to add music that shows up on the iPod without using iTunes or another program that can build the database. Try installing iTunes then plugging your iPod into another USB port. You may need to configure itues prior to hooking up the ipod. ???? EDIT: By the way....all USB ports are hot swappable and are powered ports!!! That has nothing to do wiht the recognition of the ipod as a mass storage device. It will charge with the puter shut down!!!

Sorry to bring up a week old thread, but my usb ports are still not recognizing the Ipod nano to add songs from Itunes. It charges my ipod just fine,but it doesnt recognize it to add or take off songs off the ipod from Itunes. Any ideas? i've tried 'troubleshoot' and it didnt help.

hmm, im not sure... i bought the ipod nano from a friend for 50 bucks, i'll ask him about the CD driver, dont know why i didnt think of that... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom