Power Supply in Case Bundled VS POWER SUPLY ON ITS OWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell567

In Runtime
What is the main diff between the power supply bundled with the case and a one you'd buy single handedly. ???

depends on the spec of the bundled powersupply and the one you would buy seperately... they could be identical or different wattages... you just need to look at the specs i think!

From my limited experience there is very little difference between what the 2 do. However, the obvious difference is that with the bundled power supply, you do not have to install it into the case.

Generally the bundled power supply is a generic standard power supply. If you wish to modify your system you can go to power supplies that have greater cooling capacities, different power protection etc.

Depending on the system you are building, this will determine what you will want in a power supply. No doubt somebody else more experienced than I could assist you if you were looking for the 'best' power supply.

I hope this limited information is helpful.

Cheers!

it doesn't matter if it is bunded or not. look at the actual power supply and you can research whether it is good or not. for example a case that is bundled with a 400 watt power supply is obviously not a good one.

show us the case or power supply and we can comment whether it's good or bad

WOuld a 420 wat ps bundled with the case be good? And why isnt the case any good...with the 350 wat ps?

I import cases. And I find that on your standard case, the power supply make up for about 75% to 90% of the cost of the case.

A few years ago, I got dumped with some really $#!+ cases, but people where buying a lot of them as it was a cheaper than just buying the 300 Watt Power Supply.
This was when your case came with a 230 Watt (if you were lucky, 25 Watt) PSU.

Also, a bundled case and p/s is less time consuming. The bundle will always be an exact fit. You don't have to struggle with making sure that the dimmensions will be correct.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom