New Computer - No Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it, I hate it when I have less complex issues I get quick replies but when I'm in real trouble and have no idea what to do I almost never get a reply :(

Jeff...
You have had eight(8) people respond to your post since last night.......... and you are complaining !
They take time to HELP you....... and you are complaining!
* READ your Manual...........

Sorry but I am VERY frustrated about this and in my previous threads it took rougly 3 hours for a response. I've read my manuel and I've updated all my drivers, and checked the BIOS for the onboard sound and everything is fine but still no sound and I would really appreciate help sorry if I was rude.

Does anyone think it has a problem to do with the wiring inside my computer?

I noticed that the 4 or 5 colored wires are not connected at all, can anyone confirm that this is the problem?

JeffK91 said:
Does anyone think it has a problem to do with the wiring inside my computer?

I noticed that the 4 or 5 colored wires are not connected at all, can anyone confirm that this is the problem?

I'm going to take a stab here... I'm assuming those wires are possibly for the hookups for the front USB ports on your case. Do the USB ports on the front/side of your case work? Maybe that will help answer your question.

Also, what are you playing the music with that you don't hear? Do you hear any clicks or Windows sounds? When I was messing around with my gf's Uncle's computer, I came to realize that Media Player was muted, and until then I never used Media Player much so I had no clue it had a mute function. I came to realize that after I kept hearing clicks in Windows when folders and files opened, so after I heard "some" sort of sound, I knew that Media Player was at fault, and in fact it was muted.

Check all volume settings, make sure everything in the advanced tab is all checked too. Make sure nothing is muted.

Try other speakers, headphones, etc. Try all possible sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom