My first time overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hennessy

Solid State Member
Ok i am trying to learn how to overclock...i want to try it on my old computer before trying it on something new. My question is am i able to overclock this cpu? Its a Pentium 3 with 868 mhz.
Here are the system specs

Asus CUSI-FX motherboard socket 370
Intel P3 868Mhz
256mb ram
20 gig hd

I know i know its really old....but am i able to overclock this piece of shiiit?

You can overclock any CPU. It really depends on your motherboard and the options in the BIOS.

1. If it's clocked higher than 866MHz.

2. If there is a preformance boost in games and applications.

u need to get a program like cpu-z or everest to see if u actually overclocked something. or u could go to ur system info.

ok i have one more question, my cd rom drive just died on me so i replaced it with a cdrw drive and now it takes longer for my computer to load...meaning after the window load screen it stays black for a long time then goes to my log in screen. Does anyone know why this is? and how i can fix it?

the core speed changed from 868 to 910. Does this mean i overclocked my cpu? and how do i know if this is stable? Will my CPU over heat or anything?

Yes, you overclocked it. You will need to test it's stability with Prime95.

I went up from 133 FSB to 140 FSB and in BIOS the highest i can go is 150 or something like that. Am i able to go to 150 without my CPU dying on me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom