water tank pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I remember from the last 5+ posts about this....

the electical components such as the motherboard ionize the water...

cooking oil rots...

use synthetic oil

well i didnt mean i was going to use water, i would obviously resarch a sutible liquid, but i mean idiotec, do mean to say that its a bad idea, im not sure if this is what you mean, but i think if i were to do it well and succsefully it would be awsome, the cpu would take a really long time to heat up that much water, and with the fans moveing the water around too as i said, with lights in it would look well cool, but yea you would be able to OC loads, providing i was able to keep the liquid at a low temp

Remember in Office Space when the guy is telling the other guys about his 'Jump to Conclusions Mat?' Do you remember their response?
lol, I love that movie.

There has GOT to be another non conductive oil to use.
There is.........called HFE...........but check the prices on it and you'll understand why no one would want to fill an entire case with it.....I've seen it mainly used for direct die cooling (very inefficient method of cooling)

harry18 said:
well i didnt mean i was going to use water, i would obviously resarch a sutible liquid, but i mean idiotec, do mean to say that its a bad idea, im not sure if this is what you mean, but i think if i were to do it well and succsefully it would be awsome, the cpu would take a really long time to heat up that much water, and with the fans moveing the water around too as i said, with lights in it would look well cool, but yea you would be able to OC loads, providing i was able to keep the liquid at a low temp
It would probably do an 'OK' job of cooling, but not really any better, if even equal to regular water cooling. And that way you don't have your components laying in a tub of cooking oil :wooha:

But hey, it's your computer, don't let me stop you :p

cooking oil doesnt look very nice in that thg one. you need a clear oil. is there any way you could use distilled water, and make it not ionize?

if i did it id use baby oil, or bath oil or something, the clear stuff anyways, but yea id seen that link before, and it looks like a grade A way to cock up a good idea, if i were doing it, id make my own case, use clear oil, and have a method of keeping it cool, rather than letting it cook, at least that way the temps would stay pretty low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom