Building my first system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i really don't know how it works. when i use my old HD does my OS (XP) transfer to all my new stuff or do i need to reinstall a OS for the mobo and such.

Anyway i was going to buy it at a later date and i think i am going to buy all this stuff tonight.

As for the RAM i have a few of DDR1 ram here at my house so i can throw those in as well. and as far as i know putting DDR1 in with DDR2 slows the DDR2 ram to the speed of DDR1

i'll take a look at the other brand of ram the only reason i picked the one i did is because it seems everyone likes it the most.

reckliss said:
For one he already has a dual core CPU so I suggested another DUAL CORE cpu the Opteron 165.

Maybes i put that wrong... i should of said, May i ask how you can say change HIS CHOSEN dual core to a opteron 165 without knowing what he will be using his PC for?

Btw ril i would go for the X2 4400+ instead of the 4200+ for the xtra 1mb cache.

Just buy the academic version of the windows xp pro upgrade, save some money.
Buy the Opteron 165 and you can overclock it to FX-60 speeds.

reckliss said:
The 4200 is a waste of money 3800+ or 4400+
The 3800 is just affordable dual core. I've used both the 3800 and the 4200, and there is a HUGE difference in overall performance. I was not that impressed with the 3800 in comparison to the 4200.

If you want affordability, you should go with a 3800. For better performance, the 4200 is most certainly worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom