displaying to an external TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
My boss wants a good graphics card that will make his image look better on his 42" HD plasma.If the tv only has a resolution of 1024x768... why would a higher end graphics card make it look better? he just wants letters to not be as blurry. But i mean,, if you display on a tv, it will be blurry no matter what card you get right(compared to a pc monitor)? I dont see how buying a high end graphics card would really do anything.

It wouldn't make a difference. The dot pitch on TV's is too high for text to be readable. He can check that the output on the GPU is at that resolution (which is 4:3 so I assume you mean 1280X720.)

Do you have a computer around with a better card to test first? Is the computer you are using have a vga out or dvi?

dont believe you can get a new vid card for that. Have you messed with all of the display setting? Is there a setting for tv's versus monitors. Any faqs from the vid card manufacturer about tv quality?

oh lol sorry, was gunna build him a desktop with a new gfx card. The display settings havnt changed anything, cant find any documentation about exporting the video to a tv display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom