Baseband Member
1. Asus A8R-MVP $95.99

2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ DUAL CORE $358

3. Corsair XMS 1GB DDR400 (2x 1GB) $190

4. Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Case w/ side panel - $93.99

5. Seasonic S12 600W $139

6. Windows XP MCE 2005 ~$120?

Total from newegg: $996.98

Already have the X1900xtx and planning on using the DVD, HD, mouse, keyboard , and screen from my old dell (8300 from '03)

Am i missing any parts? is there any flaws? do all these parts go together?

Change motherboard to DFI Lanpart nf4 Ultra-D $130
Processor to Opteron 165 $328
Maybe change RAM to G.Skill your preference
would go with a different brand PSU

if you can spend the extra $$$ id go with the nxzt lexa case, im gettign once of those ive heard its great and i think it looks better. wel i see you piicked the asus crossfire mobo. do you really plan on putting x1900's in crossfire? if not, go with something else maybe MSI diamond or dFI ultra-d or asus A8N

o ya for psu get ocz modsteam 520 or antec truepower 550(what i have and reccome nd

Sounds like you're going to be doing some serious gaming, what kind of monitor are you going to be using? A crt will not help much if you gonna run that high end gpu, get a nice 19" flat panel.

karpfish24 said:
if you can spend the extra $$$ id go with the nxzt lexa case, im gettign once of those ive heard its great and i think it looks better. wel i see you piicked the asus crossfire mobo. do you really plan on putting x1900's in crossfire? if not, go with something else maybe MSI diamond or dFI ultra-d or asus A8N

o ya for psu get ocz modsteam 520 or antec truepower 550(what i have and reccome nd

Why would you suggest those? The one he picked out has more power and is a reliable brand.

reckliss said:
Processor to Opteron 165 $328
Maybe change RAM to G.Skill your preference [/B]
May i ask how you can say change a dual core to a opteron 165 without knowing what he will be using his PC for?
Also if your not oc'ing keep that Ram.
1 thing i agree with is a different PSU...always get a well know good quility brand name.

Sorry for the lack of info. Yes this is for gaming and more gaming.

So i am looking at a new PSU (maybe),

Yes i'll have a 19" flat LCD 8ms,

I would want the CPU i have for gaming right? i thought the opteron 165 was for servers?

No i don't think i'll crossfire. So you suggest one of these (MSI diamond or dFI ultra-d or asus A8N)

No i don't plan on OC'ing the RAM and have never OC'ed anything so i would want to learn to put this thing together first LOL.

ok let me come up with a new list and present it to you guys.

Thank you all.

1. ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket - $163.49

2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ DUAL CORE $358

3. Corsair XMS 1GB DDR400 (2x 1GB) $190

4. Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Case w/ side panel - $93.99

5. Antec TruePower 2.0 TRUECONTROL II-550 ATX12V 550W - $109.99

6. Windows XP MCE 2005 ~$120?

Total from newegg: $915.47

Already have the X1900xtx and planning on using the DVD, HD, mouse, keyboard , and screen from my old dell (8300 from '03)

Hows this look!!

You will not need an Opteron.

That looks like a sweet computer, but maybe I'd consider going with DDR2 RAM. Also, why pay for Windows?

May i ask how you can say change a dual core to a opteron 165 without knowing what he will be using his PC for?
Also if your not oc'ing keep that Ram.
1 thing i agree with is a different PSU...always get a well know good quility brand name.

For one he already has a dual core CPU so I suggested another DUAL CORE cpu the Opteron 165.

Second that RAM is costing him $190 that RAM is good but I was suggesting another brand.

reck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom