explorer.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

elle-lea

Beta member
hiya, was wondering if someone out there could enlighten me on how to permenantly fix this problem:

i was online chattin on msn when i had an error message saying explorer.exe had a problem and needed to close, i closed it, rebooted but when i did it wouldnt load the desktop, startbar or anything else, i opened task manager and tried running explorer.exe from the new task comand, that didnt work, neither did system restore, it did the same thing in safe mode.
i ran internet explorer and found a way of making restore work and rolled my system back a week, it ran fine for 2 hours then the smae thing happened, only when i treid to run internet explorer or anyother program through the task anager it wouldnt work.
I did a virus scan, spyware, hijack this check and they were all clean, anybody got any ideas?
ta muchly

Im sure your hijackthis log is not clean. post it anyways in the appropriate section.

Boot off your windows XP disc and run a Windows Repair. (NOT the Recovery console.)

i lost the log when i formatted, tried to repair xp and that wouldnt work either, i was just wondering if there are any other ways of fixing it other than a format, and what are the causes

So you reformated and reinstalled and its still happening??

Bad Harddrive. run Checkdisk

Bad RAM. Download and Run Memtest 86.

Bad power supply. Get a hold of a DMM and test the Voltages.

well its not done it yet, but i'm waiting,
i've changed hard drives so i dont think thats the problem, ran memory tests checked for compatibility (had to do that as it used to reboot itself every day and give me pretty blue screens, but that turned out to be becuase it didnt like my isp's software)
when i sorted the reboots out the explorer problems happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom