water tank pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
so, i know some people have thougt/ experimented submegering there pc in water, or oil, and following my experiments for new cooling methods i have decied to join in, what im thinking is making tank, (cuboid), with out the top, out of real thick clear plastic, making it really water tight, add to the design, but say giving it a funky wood shell, not covering it just for the drives and psu to sit in ect, anyways i was thinking put the componts in the tank, arranged as it would be in a pc, but not put the drives on psu in the water, and fill it up, put a lid on it, put a couple of led fans in there to keep the water moving and some kind of method of cooling the water, such as a filament attached to a hsf, whad du fink?, i prbly wouldnt put my componets in, get them as cheap as poss of ebay, but if it works, that would allow some pretty radical OCing.......

Remember in Office Space when the guy is telling the other guys about his 'Jump to Conclusions Mat?' Do you remember their response?

What happens to most metals when submerged in water?

---Oxidation.

Try vegetable oil instead if you're going to go for this idea real cheap. Just be sure to put absolutely no moving components into the oil.

idiotec said:
Remember in Office Space when the guy is telling the other guys about his 'Jump to Conclusions Mat?' Do you remember their response?

How is that the worst idea you've ever heard? This has been done before with success.

I know this is comletely off topic but I saw your sig, and had to let ya know, you typed 37 instead of 36gig raptor. IIIIIIght yo.

People round digits up. :p

It will work, but don't use it for a decent PC.

Use De-ionised water, and maybe add some UV dye and dual UV cathodes.

TheOtis said:
I know this is comletely off topic but I saw your sig, and had to let ya know, you typed 37 instead of 36gig raptor. IIIIIIght yo.

Raptors are 36.7gigs.....which rounds to 37.

BillGates said:
How is that the worst idea you've ever heard? This has been done before with success.
And have to seen how it looks? I would have to say it is the worst cooling solution out there. Further, it isn't even a sub ambient cooling solution, so its far from being a solution to allow for 'radical OC'ing.'

Why is it always veggie oil? There has GOT to be another non conductive oil to use. What about full synthetic mobil1 motor oil? You could get 0W-30 or even thinner stuff.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom