problem deleting folders and losing rar archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostincomputers

Beta member
hi, ive tried everything that i possibly could, but here is my problem. its a couple problems, dont know if they are related. firstly, this started this past sun or mon i think and when i move a winrar file to another place (ie folder ,desktop) i lose the archive. it says no archives found. and then i cant delete the file directly to the recycle bin. i have to do shift+del to delete the empty rar. and this is happening on both of my drives. the other problem is that i cant delete these folders all of a sudden either. these folders had files in them but now they say that they are empty and i get this error:
error deleting file or folder

cannot delete ******: access is denied

make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

i have tried to reboot and quickly delete the folder but taht didnt work either. i tried scan disk , that didnt work. i ran norton antivirus. nothing found. wat gives ??? im very upset about this because i cant move ANY rar files at all without something happening to them. :( i hope someone knows wats going on cause i dont know and im ready to break this computer. giving me so many headaches. i have windows xp home wit sp1

click start button> run. type msconfig into the run box. under boot.ini tab check the safeboot checkbox. it will ask to reboot, after reboot delete your files.

when done go back to msconfig and under general tab, click the 'normal startup' radio button. this is a very important step otherwise you will keep rebooting into safeboot.

lostincomputers said:
hi, ive tried everything that i possibly could, but here is my problem. its a couple problems, dont know if they are related. firstly, this started this past sun or mon i think and when i move a winrar file to another place (ie folder ,desktop) i lose the archive. it says no archives found. and then i cant delete the file directly to the recycle bin. i have to do shift+del to delete the empty rar. and this is happening on both of my drives. the other problem is that i cant delete these folders all of a sudden either. these folders had files in them but now they say that they are empty and i get this error:
error deleting file or folder

cannot delete ******: access is denied

make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

i have tried to reboot and quickly delete the folder but taht didnt work either. i tried scan disk , that didnt work. i ran norton antivirus. nothing found. wat gives ??? im very upset about this because i cant move ANY rar files at all without something happening to them. :( i hope someone knows wats going on cause i dont know and im ready to break this computer. giving me so many headaches. i have windows xp home wit sp1

I had no problem,but use copy instead of move.
Then delete the original.
But try this for better file control,go to netez.com and dl the free
2xExplorer,not x2.
In the meantime calm down,why is this such a burden.It's got nothing to do with Nortons,Scandisk etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom