unexpected shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastia

Beta member
I bought a custom made laptop about a year ago from a seedy company which promptly disapeared, this has left me with a string of problems and little support. Recently it has begun to turn off unexpectedly, the only warning for this happening is the cd speaker beeping several times. The laptop feels very hot when this happens but other than that I cannot think of what may be causing it to happen. When I attempt to turn the laptop back on it normally works after a few hours, however sometimes the screen will take longer to fuction again... sometimes completely unresponsive. A few times the laptop simply won't respond for a few days. When this happens the lights to indicate battery and power do not turn on either.

I have no idea what this problem relates to and any help would be much appreciated!

well i think you have already diagnosed your problem. the laptop is very hot!!! all the symptoms you have described point to overheating which is VERY common in laptops. it is normally due to a build up of dust blocking airflow inside the laptop. if you are game enough open up the laptop and use some "canned air" to blow away any dust inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom