cant delete this file need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
i have this one file on my computer and am trying to delete it but it wont delete. the name of the file is comwiz.exe, maybe someone of u guys heard of it. how can i delete this file? also it wont let me end task it.

Never heard of it, but if you think that it is spyware or somthing that you dont want get SpyBot and search it. Also what is the message that it gives you?

click start button> run. type msconfig into the run box. under boot.ini tab check the safeboot checkbox. it will ask to reboot, after reboot delete your files.

when done go back to msconfig and under general tab, click the 'normal startup' radio button. this is a very important step otherwise you will keep rebooting into safeboot.

if this doesn't work goto bootdisk.com and read their article on "Delete "Undeletable" Files And Folders #1 #2 #3 #4"

Should he get rid of it if it could possibly be needed for somthing and he doesnt know?

bomt697 said:
i have this one file on my computer and am trying to delete it but it wont delete. the name of the file is comwiz.exe, maybe someone of u guys heard of it. how can i delete this file? also it wont let me end task it.

Lets start with you Windows version.But ctrl,alt,del should end it,and selective startup in W98 amd Wme.
Check Control Panel/Scheduled Tasks.
It's probably something to do with your com port.(modem)

Winnet.exe is a little downloader application (called something like ‘Downloader-BT’) that you’ve picked up (by accident or by design), but, whether you want it or not, you can kill it temporarily by ending it’s process tree from your task manager. If you want to get rid of it altogether, go into ‘Add Remove Programs’ in ‘Control Panel’ and uninstall it.

Ta Da!! ;-)

Re: Re: cant delete this file need help

bluto said:
Lets start with you Windows version.But ctrl,alt,del should end it,and selective startup in W98 amd Wme.
Check Control Panel/Scheduled Tasks.
It's probably something to do with your com port.(modem)

Ok i'll stay up late,this has something to do with how you connect to the inet.Is it still there when you go offline ?
I know your online,great eh it works.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom