Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbs4life

Baseband Member
Ok, I just got a new video card today (ATI Radeon x700 Pro)

I installed it into the PC and then when I go to boot up my PC, the PC boots but no display comes on the monitor.

I have 350W and it only need 300W. I think I might need to update my drivers or BIOS or something. My motherboard manufacturer is at www.viaarena.com. And It said I should obtain and install the latest AGP drivers and installing the wrong AGP Motherboard/Chipset drivers may prevent me from successfully launching Windows.

I went to http://www.viaarena.com/default.asp...ID=1&CatID=1070 and downloaded the 04 January 2006 Version - 5.07A. Installed it etc. and it still doesn't work. I disabled my integrated card also. I've never installed anything on my PC before so I don't really know what to do.

On another page in the manual it says for No display at boot to Make certain the motherboard chipset drivers are installed and/or I may need to update my system BIOS. Which I have no idea how to do.

I just want to install my video card! I didn't think it would be this much of a hassle.

Any help I would appreciate greatly.

Thanks.

Well i know this sounds stupid but, make sure you plugged your monitor into the vga port on the actual videocard and not on the integrated one on the motherboard. If it is plugged into the videocard correctly then my next thing would be maybe it needs a power dong from the psu. My Asus 6600 needs a power dong from the psu so it can work. If that power dong isn't plugged in then it wont work. By power dong i mean the same power port that plugs into cd drives and IDE hard drives. Check this stuff first then post back.

Yeah I've plugged it in the Integrated and the video card port and either way I still get nothing.

And what do you mean power dong?

I have the card plugged in the PSU etc.

ricanflow said:
make sure you went into display properties and actually enabeled the video card and diabled the intergrated video

What do you mean enabled the video card?

And I did disable the integrated one. And then I go shutdown, install card etc. and when I turn on the PC it turns on but no Display image on the monitor.

I've been doing some research and a lot of people are having the same problem with this motherboard.

How it wont boot up etc. And I haven't seen any ways to fix the problem so I think my motherboard is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom